The editors reserve the right to shorten and alter texts submitted for publication (including titles).
Authors of articles are responsible for securing the rights to other publications (texts, tables, drawings and other illustrations) quoted or reproduced in their texts.
1. Submitted materials should be formatted and edited in accordance with the standards accepted at „Forum of Poetics” and sent exclusively via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
2. Together with the article, authors must send
– a summary of the article in Polish (700 characters or less),
– biogram: year of birth, academic degrees, place of employment, research interests, list of selected publications.
3. Texts should be sent in the .doc or .rtf formats.
4. Font: Times New Roman, 12 point, line spacing: 1.5.
5. Quotations cited in text and footnotes should be written as plain text, within quotation marks. Quotation marks should be American English style (double upper followed by double upper). Quoted text within the quotation should be framed by British English style quotation marks (‘…’).
6. In the text and footnotes, the titles of books, films, and works of art should be written in italics; article titles should be written in plain text within quotation marks.
7. The titles of newspapers and periodicals should be italicized.
8. Foreign-language expressions (in Latin, French, etc.) should be written in italics.
– use footnotes at the bottom of each page,
– footnotes should have continuous numbering throughout the entire article,
– when referring to information from websites, the first initial and surname or pseudonym of the author, the article title, the name of the web portal and website should be given, as well as the date when the site was last accessed, in brackets, as shown below:
C. Winterer, Visualizing Benjamin Franklin’s Correspondence Network, Maping The Republic of Letters, 10.03.2009, http://republicofletters.stanford.edu/casestudies/franklin.html [accessed: 19.02.2015],
– each bibliographical references should contain:
– the first initial and surname of the author, the work’s title (italicized), place and year of publication, and the number of the page cited, as below:
1 Olsen, W obronie rzeczy. Archeologia i ontologia przedmiotów, trans. B. Shallcross, Warszawa 2013, p. 45.
– in the case of collaborative works or anthologies: the work’s title, the first initials and surnames of all editors, the place and year of publication:
1 Egzystencjalne doświadczenie starości w literaturze, ed. A. Gleń, I. Jokiel, M. Szladowski, Opole 2008.
– in the case of a work which is part of a greater whole:
1 S. Tynecka-Makowska, Starość z Amorem w tle. O wizerunku miłości w starości w literaturze XX wieku w kontekście epok poprzednich, [in:] Egzystencjalne doświadczenie starości w literaturze, ed. A. Gleń, I. Jokiel, M. Szladowski, Opole 2008, p. 100.
– in the case of an article in a periodical:
1 M. Bakke, “Planeta wolna od dzieci? Między pragnieniem wymarcia a nadzieją na nieśmiertelność,” Czas Kultury 2014, no. 6, pp. 4–11.
– titles of works quoted for the first time should be given in full in the footnote, together with the place and year of publication. When the work is cited not for the first time, a shortened version is used. Referring to a previously cited work, we use the shortened version of the title with the page number:
1 B. Olsen, W obronie rzeczy. Archeologia i ontologia przedmiotów, trans. B. Shallcross, Warszawa 2013, p. 45.
2 Olsen, W obronie rzeczy, p. 65.
– double initials are written without any intervening space: M.P. Markowski
– English titles are written capitalized: Synaesthesia. Classic and Contemporary Readings, ed. S. Baron-Cohen, J.E. Harrison, Oxford 1997.
– a text singled out for emphasis is printed in bold letters.
The Editors of the „Forum Poetics / Forum of Poetics” inform that in their publishing practice they apply the COPE publication ethics standards. In case of suspicion about the fact that any of the Authors may fail to follow the principles of good publication practices, the Editors take steps provided in the following schemes. We kindly ask all Authors to thoroughly familiarize with the publication ethics policy developed by Comitee On Publication Ethics at this link.